ABOUT THE CONFERENCE -
Discover challanges and visions of 5G wireless network
Among the leading experts from the world of science and business, we want to talk about the future of telecommunications and what awaits us after 5G. Work on the next generations of telecommunications standards is underway in many places around the world – with this event we want to give the opportunity to meet and talk to those who develop technologies and those who will implement and commercialize them.
- 01Wireless network management
- 02ML/AI for future wireless networks
- 03Emerging technologies
- 04Edge and cloud RAN enablers
- 05Energy efficiency
- 08Distributed Network Management Orchestration for Next-Generation Sustainability.
- +0minutesThe debate and presentations about the latest trends in building telecommunications networks: ML/AI, Edge and cloud RAN, Security and more.
- 0speakersTop figures from universities and R&D centers leading the telecommunication revolution. It includes King's College London, University Carlos III of Madrid, Virginia Tech, and more.
- 0targetThe target of the conference is to bring together top R&D and business representatives and discuss the future of telecommunications.
Watch live here
Watch live here
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS -
Speakers at 5G Made Together Conference
- ProfessorUniversity of Malaga, SpainDr. Pedro Merino is professor at the University of Malaga (UMA). His research interests are new-generation Internet, 5G/6G networks and automated methods for software reliability.
- ProfessorUniversity Carlos III of Madrid, SpainAna Garcia Armada is a Professor at University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M), Spain. She has published more than 150 referred papers about wireless communications and she holds four patents.
- ProfessorKU Leuven, BelgiumSofie Pollin is professor at KU Leuven focusing on wireless communication systems. Before that, she worked at imec and UC Berkeley.
- ProfessorVirginia Tech, USAWalid Saad received his Ph.D from the University of Oslo in 2010. He is a Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech.
- ProfessorKing's College London, UKOsvaldo Simeone is a Professor of Information Engineering with the Centre for Telecommunications Research at the Department of Engineering of King's College London.
- ProfessorSkolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, RussiaDr. Dmitry Lakontsev is associate professor of the practice at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech), an expert in IT area, main specialization - wireless communications and IoT.
- Head of R&DIS-Wireless, PolandAdam Flizikowski holds the position of R&D expert within the company and leads the R&D team.
- R&D ExpertIS-Wireless, PolandMd Arifur Rahman is a R&D Expert working in Is-Wireless, Poland. Focusing on solving the radio resource management (RRM) problems of future wireless networks.
- VWware, FinlandIS-Wireless, PolandTelco Cloud RAN Technical Specialist- EMEA at VMware. Based in Espoo Finland. I started my career in 2000 at Vodafone Egypt before joining Motorola and then Nokia Networks.
- Senior researcherIS-Wireless, PolandRobert currently works in IS-Wireless as a Senior R&D Engineer dealing with Network Function Virtualization and Orchestration topics.
- Head of SalesMicrosoft, PolandHead of Sales in Microsoft/Azure for Operators team responsible for CEE region. Over 20 years experience in international high-tech B2B companies including Nokia and Affirmed Networks.
- 5G & Network IndustryIBM Consulting, HungaryJeremy is an experienced telecommunications expert with a unique blend of technical acumen and business leadership to help transform carrier outcomes.
- ProfessorAalto University, FinlandRaimo Kantola is a tenured professor of Networking Technology at Aalto, Department of Communications and Networking.
- Network ArchitectDell Technologies, UKIan is a Network Architect in the Dell Technologies, Telecom Systems Business.
- Senior ResearcherIQUADRAT, SpainJohn S. Vardakas received the Dipl.-Eng. in Electrical Computer Engineering from the Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, in 2004 and his Ph.D from the Electrical Computer Engineering Dept., University of Patras, Greece in 2012.
- Staff EngineerSamsung R&D Institute UKTomasz holds a PhD in mobile communications from the University of Surrey UK with almost 20 years of experience in the industry.
- ProfessorWarsaw University of Technology, PolandWojciech Burakowski is Full Professor position at the Institute of Telecommunications, Warsaw University of Technology and at the National Institute of Telecommunications. He leads the AAI research group (aai.tele.pw.edu.pl). Since 1990 he has been involved in several COST and EU Framework Projects.
- Founder and the CEOINTERNET INSTITUTE, SloveniaDr. Janez Sterle is Founder and the CEO of the INTERNET INSTITUTE.
- ProfessorJohn Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, PolandViktor Melnyk is a professor at the Institute of Mathematics, IT and Landscape Architecture, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin.
- 5G & Network IndustryComarch, PolandŁukasz specializes in solutions based on the concept of intent-driven fulfillment and orchestration.
- ProfessorVilnius Gediminas Technical University, LithuaniaArturas Medeisis received his Ph.D. in Spectrum Management from the Kaunas University of Technology in 2000.
- ProfessorWarsaw University of Technology, PolandJordi Mongay Batalla is an Associate Professor at Warsaw University of Technology.
- Principal Research EngineerNational Instruments in Dresden, GermanyWalter is managing European funded research projects with scope of 5G and beyond and driving innovation therefore.
- Chief Multi-Cloud ArchitectMELODIC project, PolandPaweł Skrzypek is a highly experienced architect of ICT systems, with extensive knowledge of machine learning and Big Data solutions.
- ProfessorUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, SpainJordi is a Professor in the Department of Signal Theory and Communications of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, Spain, where he received a Ph.D. degree in 2001.
- Research ScientistVTT Technical Research Centre of FinlandIjaz Ahmad received his MSc. (2012) and PhD (2018) in Wireless Communications from the University of Oulu, Finland.
- Photonics EngineeringDTU, DenmarkLine M.P. Larsen received her M.Sc. Eng. Telecommunication degree from DTU in 2017. She is currently finishing her PhD studies within the Network Technologies and Service Platforms group, Photonics Engineering, DTU.
- Head of Research AreaCNIT, ItalyHis main research interests include theoretical and experimental studies in the field of communications and networking.
- ExpertInterDigital Future Wireless Europe Lab in London, UKDr Filipe Conceição is currently an expert in the Next Generation RAN group at InterDigital Future Wireless Europe Lab in London (UK).
- ProfessorUniversity of Oslo, NorwayDr. Horn has been the principal investigator and project leader of more than 17 European collaborative projects.
CONFERENCE AGENDA -
- 09:10 AM - 9:30 AM5G MADE TOGETHER - PARTNERS
- Jeremy Foy (IBM Global Business Services, Hungary)
- Patrycja Sokalska-Pomacho (Microsoft)
- Sherif Sedkey (VMware)
- 09:30 AM - 09:40 AMCONFERENCE OUTLINE
- Adam Flizikowski (IS-Wireless, Poland)
- 09:40 AM - 10:00 AMBEYOND 5G – WHERE ARE WE HEADING IN OPEN-RAN NETWORKS
- John S. Vardakas (Iquadrat, Spain)
- 10:00 AM - 10:30 AMPANEL I: SECURITY CHALLENGES IN BEYOND 5G
- Jordi Mongay Batalla (Warsaw University of Technology, Poland)
- Ahmad Ijaz (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland)
- Elżbieta Andrukiewicz (National Institute of Telecommunications, Poland)
- Raimo Kantola (Aalto University, Finland
- Ian Goetz (Dell Technologies, UK)
- 09:40 AM - 10:00 AMPANEL II: CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE APPROACH TO BEYOND 5G NETWORKS
- Adam Flizikowski (IS-Wireless, Poland)
- Viktor Melnyk (John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland)
- Arturas Medeisis (Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania)
- Libor Michalek (VSB – Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic)
- Janez Sterle (INTERNET INSTITUTE Ltd, Slovenia)